Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mad City is a Roblox game that was created on December 3rd, 2017. Currently it has over 151M visits and 905K+ favorites.
- The game's layout is unoriginal. It has been done with Jail Break (2009), Prison Life, Redwood Prison, and Jailbreak, and it even feels like you're playing the same game, as with Jailbreak.
- Speaking of unoriginal, the game was known for stealing assets. A Jailbreak builder tweeted that their Jailbreak K9 was stolen by devs, yet the dog design in Mad City was awful.
- The game has balancing issues. Most servers will consist mostly of criminals, with BARELY any police and heroes to stop them. We mean, what fun is it to play the game without anyone to stop you? That adds excitement and suspence to your game.
- Speaking of the "heroes", some of them are overpowered and make the gameplay very hard.
- The two heroes that can fly and shoot their superpowers (Inferno and Titan) can just camp at the prison and spam their superpowers at the inmates so that they can tell who is hostile and who is not.
- When fighting against the heroes that can fly and shoot their superpowers (Inferno and Titian), they can just fly in the air and spam their superpowers to kill them. If they are low on health, they will fly away and recover, and then attack.
- Defeated heroes can sometimes drop their superpowers, meaning that an inmate or a criminal can grab their powers and become a villain. It's also worth mentioning that before Season 4, the criminals can get inside the heroes spawn, and spawn kill the heroes. Good luck having to be spawn killed for 5 minutes.
- Extremely buggy physics, in which the cars' suspension start to get unstable and bounce violently for no reason.
- Noticeable framerate drops, even on the lowest graphical settings.
- Obnoxious sound design, not to mention that a certain portion of them are recycled from popular games like Fallout 3 (Vault opening sound), Left 4 Dead (Pump-action shotgun sound) and even Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (TEC-9 firing sound and even the SPAS-12 uses the same sound as the Nova shotgun). Even the pump-action shotgun and the SPAS-12 have the same reloading animations and sounds as with the popular FPS game Team Fortress 2.
- Similar to reason #4, there are some insane design choices.
- Nonsense logic in the game. For example, getting all the items needed to craft something will AUTOMATICALLY craft themselves, instead of a crafting interface popping up.
- There is one prison cell that never opens, which can leave you trapped there when you spawn as a prisoner, unless you restart your character and the game places you in a different cell.
- Not to be nit-picky here, but the cars in this game take a few seconds to start up, before being ready to drive. They also tend have a painfully slow acceleration even for a muscle car like the Chevrolet Camaro! While this makes the game somewhat more realistic, this doesn't make it completely realistic. Also, this risks getting caught by cops, EVEN MORE.
- When people play as cops, they can just outright KILL the criminals in cold blood and they will be transferred back into the prisoners team, making handcuffs obsolete and useless. HOW IS THAT EVEN REAL LIFE LOGIC??!!
- The name and old logo are both unoriginal. The name is from a 1997 crime movie and the old logo is a ripoff of Grand Theft Auto.
- While there are some insane design choices, there are nice environments in this game as well.
- The powers for the heroes are fun, albeit a little generic, bringing more character into the heroes team.
- A few unique ideas have been put into this game.
- There are more robberies than Jailbreak, although the robberies are very typical.
- One in particular, is a night club, where even police can rob it.